Oven-Roasted Spicy Potatoes & Glazed Carrots
Envie uma foto desta receita! Adicionar ao livro
- For the potatoes:
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- A palmful garlic powder
- A palmful of onion powder
- A palmful of dried parsley
- A palmful of dried rosemary
- A palmful of dried thyme
- Extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), to coat the potatoes
- Salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper
- For the carrots:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 28-ounce bags (the large ones) of frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup honey
- Dash of curry powder
- * Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- * Remove carrots from freezer and let them come to room temperature.
- Cut potatoes in half and place them on a large baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Add all of the spices to a small bowl and mix to create a seasoning mixture (keep the leftovers in a well-sealed container for a later use).
- * Coat the potatoes with EVOO then sprinkle with the spice mixture.
- Toss the potatoes so the EVOO and spices are distributed evenly.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- * While potatoes are roasting, place a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add butter to the skillet and let melt.
- Add the water, thawed carrots, honey and curry powder to the butter and stir to coat the carrots in the butter.
- When they're heated through, they are ready to serve.
- * Serve the roasted potatoes and glazed carrots alongside Rachael's "Buying In Bulk" Pot Roast.