- 3 oz Tortilla chips (about 2 large handfuls)
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup refried beans or whole black beans, drained of liquid
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- *Optional- Other topping ideas include sliced black olives, white or red onions and jalapeno rings
- *Optional- 1 cup of diced carne asada, carnitas or shredded chicken
- Pre-heat broiler on high.
- Heat refried beans over low heat until bubbly.
- Place half of the chips on an oven proof pie plate and cover with half the cheese.
- Carefully add the rest of the chips topped with the remaining cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Carefully remove chips from broiler and drizzle on beans.
- Then add dollops of guacamole, sour cream and lastly, sprinkle on the tomatoes.
- *If adding meat, freshly cooked is the best option, or re-heat pre-cooked meat until piping hot.
- Add right after the beans layer.