- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups whole milk, scalded
- 12 ounces mango puree
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 mango, diced
- Dark rum
- Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whip the eggs, sugar, and salt until tripled in volume.
- Fold in the flour.
- Pour the mixture into a parchment lined 9 by 11-inch baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- Remove the parchment paper and return the cake to the pan.
- With a fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Combine the condensed milk with the scalded milk, mango puree, almond and vanilla extracts, and pour over the cake.
- Allow the cake to soak in the liquid for 2 hours.
- Serve with diced mango marinated in dark rum and brown sugar.
- Cook Time: 25 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello