Lime Chiffon Semifreddo with Almond Toast
Envie uma foto desta receita! Adicionar ao livro
- Lime Chiffon Semifreddo
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zst
- Almond Toast
- 6 egg whites
- dash fine salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole almonds
- Lime Chiffon Semifreddo Line eight 5-ounce ramekins completely with plastic wrap, so that the wrap hangs over the sides.
- Place ramekins on a tray and freeze.
- Whip egg whites until foamy.
- Add ¼ cup icing sugar and whip until whites hold a stiff peak.
- In another bowl whip cream to a soft peak.
- Reduce speed and add remaining ¾ cup icing sugar, sour cream, lime juice and lime zest.
- Add a large spoonful of cream to whipped whites and gently fold in.
- Fold whites into cream in two additions.
- Pour mixture into prepared ramekins, cover and freeze for at least four hours.
- To serve, turn semifreddos out onto a plate and peel away plastic wrap.
- Serve with Almond Toast.
- Almond Toast Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper (do not grease).
- Whip whites and salt until foamy, then gradually pour in sugar.
- Continue whipping until whites hold a stiff peak.
- Fold in sifted flour and fold in almonds.
- Scrape meringue into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes, until top is richly browned.
- Allow to cool, then wrap and freeze overnight.
- (Makes about 24 toasts).
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F. and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Using a serrated knife, slice thin slices of loaf, about 1/4 inch thick or less and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake until dry and crisp, but not browned, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Sugar TV Show