- hese cakes make their own lemony sauce in the bottom as they bake. Be sure to serve them warm!
- Lemon Pudding Cakes
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup demerara sugar
- 4 lemons, zest and juice
- 4 large eggs, seperated
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Lemon Pudding Cakes Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and butter four 6-ounce ramekins and place in a baking pan with a 2-inch lip.
- With electric beaters, beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the lemon zest and juice and then add the egg yolks, one at a time (don’t worry if the mixture curdles – it’ll work out fine).
- On low speed, add in flour and baking powder, then milk a little at a time, until mixture is evenly blended.
- Whip egg whites until they hold a stiff peak and gently fold a third of the whites into the lemon mixture.
- Fold in the remaining two thirds of whites in and spoon batter into prepared ramekins.
- Pour boiling water around the ramekins to come halfway up and bake for 35 minutes, until top of puddings are risen and a rich golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Sugar TV Show