- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 lb. smoked sausage, cut in 1/2'' pcs.
- 1 c. long-grain white rice
- 2 med. potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2'' cubes
- 2 1/4 c. canned chicken broth
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 1 (4 oz.) jar sliced pimientos with juices
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- cayenne pepper
- 1/2 lb. lrg. uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sausage; saute till begining to brown, add rice and stir to coat with pan juices.
- Mix in potatoes, broth, wine, pimientos with juices and turmeric.
- Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Bring to boil; stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook till rice and potatoes are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in shrimp and chopped cilantro.
- Cover in cook till shrimp are just cooked through.
- Guarnish with cilantro sprigs.