- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 2 chopped green onions (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (optional)
- Scrub potatoes.
- Add to saucepan.
- Fill with cold water to cover by 2-inches.
- Generously salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to gentle boil.
- Cook potatoes until fork tender.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out most of the flesh with a spoon, leaving about 1/2-inch thick of potato layer attached the skin.
- (Use scooped out potatoes for another use, such as soups, fillings, mashed potatoes etc.
- ) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush potato skins with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until potatoes are heated through and cheese melts, about 15 minutes.
- Finish under broiler until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, green onions and/or bacon, if desired.
- Yield: 8 servings.